Monday, November 2, 2015

A tsunami of love

After A.D. 30 I had to read A.D. 33.
Maviah's story is full of suspense. This alone would make the books worth reading.

But there's much more to it.

Jesus' well-known original words put in this different context spoke to my heart in a fresh way.

It might sound strange, and I don't get this sensation very often while reading a work of fiction, but I felt physically the presence of the Holy Spirit talking to me.

From a literary point of view this book isn't Ted Dekker's best. Some truths are repeated too often. But that's a sign, how important this is to the author, how much he wants his readers to understand the Lord's Kingdom, His freedom, peace and love.

His Kingdom is in this world but not of it. We can experience it. That's what's shining through the pages of this book.

After reading this excellent book, I followed the link in the end to find a small booklet. Ted Dekker describes in a very personl way his journey of faith, his doubts, and how overwhelming and life-changing it is to get a glimpse into His realm.

I definitely love all three books.
They were not like a wave but like a tsunami of Jesus' love for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment